Warts and papillomas can appear on the body of any person. The causative agent of this disease is human papillomavirus. The virus is unlikely to get into a healthy body. Therefore, in addition to personal hygiene, you should pay close attention to the state of your immunity.
If you don’t attempt anything for the treatment of warts and papillomas, they’ll start to increase in size, grow, and form the whole colonies. They can appear in different places: on the neck, shoulders, hands, legs, and even genitals. Warts and papillomas, located in the most prominent places, can cause great inconvenience to some people. How to get rid of them?
We should say at once that in order to get rid of these formations forever, simply removing them is not enough. If the immune system remains weak, the virus will come back. Therefore, you need to take a course of treatment aimed at strengthening the immunity. There are many types of papillomas, and only a doctor can choose an effective drug after a proper examination. You can read more about effective remedies below.
At the moment, you can find many different drugs for removing warts and papillomas at the drugstores. It is impossible to determine which one is best. The same drug can be effective for someone, but useless for someone else. Therefore, the prescription must be made by the doctor based on the results of the diagnosis, the general health of the patient, and the presence of concomitant diseases. There are several ways to get rid of neoplasms:
- mechanical method;
- drug treatment;
- herbal treatment.
The mechanical method involves treatment with electric current and high temperature (electrocoagulation), liquid nitrogen (cryotherapy), or laser beams (laser therapy).
Drug treatment can be divided into the following groups:
- Pills. Since virus infection occurs due to a decrease in immunity, the action of these drugs is aimed at increasing the protective properties of the body. That is, immunomodulatory agents, antiviral drugs, and vitamin preparations. Sometimes, after the use of these drugs, warts, and papillomas disappear on their own, without the use of other medications.
- Topical drugs:
- antiviral creams and ointments;
- antiviral gels that stimulate the production of interferon;
- solutions that can be oily, alkaline and acidic;
- patches, the active substance of which is salicylic acid;
- caustic pencil used to cauterize skin. It is not used to remove growths on the face, because the product leaves scars.
- Herbal treatment is popular due to the natural composition and lack of side effects.
Don’t forget that only a comprehensive approach to the treatment of warts and papillomas will allow you to get rid of them forever. Therefore, along with the removal of external manifestations of the disease, you need to enhance the organism’s immunity.